The Journal of Counselling and Development in Higher Education Southern Africa (JCDHESA) is published by the South African Association for Counselling and Development in Higher Education.
Submit your article on the JCDHESA website (coming soon).
- Research and review articles must not be longer than 7 000 words (including references and tables) and must include the full title of manuscript.
- An abstract, no longer than 350 words, and an alphabetical list of at least six keywords should be provided.
- Add all tables, diagrams and figures at the end of the document, after the reference list.
- Use APA 6 referencing style.
- Please spell-check your document using UK or South African English.
- Please check your e-mail for a submission acknowledgement – if your submission is not acknowledged within one week of submission, please send an enquiry email to email@example.com.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission’s compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- A discussion is included in the submission about all the steps taken to facilitate ethical clearance (that is compliance to getting informed consent and permission to report the findings) including methods used to manage any problems that may have been experienced.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
Peer Review Process
- All contributions will be critically reviewed by at least two referees on whose advice contributions will be accepted or rejected by the editorial committee.
- All refereeing is strictly blind and confidential.
- Manuscripts may be returned to the authors with constructive comments and advice to the author(s) to improve their submissions.
- The editorial board shall try and give feedback to contributions within a period of 6-8 weeks.
- All contributions must be up to date and to include reviews or discussions of current developments.
- First preference is given to concise, reader-friendly submissions.
- In the case of re-submission, the authors are to respond to the request to re-submit within 4 weeks.
- Revised Articles from authors are expected to be with the Editor within six weeks from the date of their expressed intention to re-submit.
Submit enquiries about the journal to the editor
Dr Henry Mason
Tshwane University of Technology