16-18 September 2019
Building and strengthening a responsible, responsive and relevant student counselling and support service
Addressing gender-based violence in higher education Trauma and the increasing demand on crisis intervention Suicide prevention in higher education Substance abuse, trauma and violence Community interventions: are our universities involved? Policy development in the context of African development Mental Health in higher education: preventative and proactive strategies Multicultural counselling contexts Institutional barriers to interventions Issues of students with special needs Multilingualism in higher education: opportunities and challenges Technology and social media and mental health Caring for the care giver: prioritising self-care Evolution of counselling practices/ changing trends in counselling approaches Career counselling and graduate employability
Abstract submission for this conference has closed.
Register for the Conference from 18 February-6 September 2019.
- SAACDHE Member: SAACDHE members whose 2018/2019 SAACDHE membership fees are paid by 31 July 2019 R3800
- Non-SAACDHE Member: Non-SAACDHE member or SAACDHE members who have outstanding fees R4200
- Intern Psychology, Social Work or Registered Counsellor interns who are completing their internships for professional registration: R3300
- Day rate: Day rate for conference attendance for SAACDHE member, intern and SAACDHE non-member R2100 per day per delegate
Conference Costs include: Monday evening function and Wednesday evening Gala Dinner (Theme: Afro-Modern).
Tuesday evening: No formal programme – time for you to explore Port Alfred and its culinary delights. Meal and entertainment for your own account.
Conference banking details
Account details for electronic funds transfer (EFT), Bank Draft, Cheque deposit Account name: SAACDHE-EC-2019 Bank Name: ABSA BANK Account No: 4096234976 Account Type: Current account Branch code: 632005 E-mail proof of payment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Accommodation is available at Royal St Andrews at own arrangement and payment.
Special rates for conference attendees. For more information on these rates please contact:
SALES & BANQUETING MANAGER
Tel. (046) 604 5400/Fax. (046) 624 2080
To ensure your special conference booking rate, all accommodation bookings must be made through Christy Pretorius. Please reference SAACDHE in all your communication with the hotel.
Airport transfers will be available at delegates’ cost, arrangement and cost for airport transport to be communicated with Christy Pretorius when booking accommodation.
To be announced.
- 18 February 2019: Conference registration opens
- 30 April 2019 (extended to 31 May 2019): Closing date for Submission of abstracts
- 6 September 2019: Closing date for Conference registration